The objective of the project is to produce a new release of the COMPASS toolset, to be referred to as COMPASS 3.0, which integrates, harmonizes and updates selected features from previous projects (COMPASS, AUTOGEF, FAME and HASDEL), with the aim to resolve the compatibility problem.
- Provide a consolidated definition of the syntax and semantics of the SLIM language, by incorporating selected constructs from previous projects, and resolve existing semantics issues and discrepancies between different tools.
- Enhance the COMPASS V&V functionality by upgrading the verification engines to more recent state-of-the-art routines developed in formal verification\n
- Resolve existing issues of the user interface, and update it to expose the new functionality provided by the verification engines.
- Improve the overall software quality, and upgrade the software to use more recent software packages and libraries, for better maintainability.
- Improve the dissemination of the results, by restructuring the projects’ web sites, in order to offer a clear and unified picture of the COMPASS initiative and of related projects and achievements, and by providing additional material such as a tutorial.
- RWTH Aachen University