PASSIONS (Software Product Assurance for Autonomous On-Board Software), funded by ESA, coordinated by GMV, and contributed by FBK.
The aim of this activity is to address the challenges raised by the development of autonomous on-board software that includes AI/ML techniques. More specifically, the activity will
- Survey the current and planned use of on-board autonomous systems in current and upcoming European missions.
- Survey ongoing industrial practices and standardisation activities in the area of software product assurance for autonomous and intelligent systems, applied to other non-space safety critical related application domains.
- Define of safety and dependability strategies for autonomous and intelligent systems.
- Identify challenges and solutions for the development, verification, validation and safety assurance of ML-components.
- Elaborate a software and data quality metrication model.
- Elaborate a preliminary set of example requirements to serve as input for the revision of the ECSS-Q-ST-80C SW PA standard and the related handbooks.
- GMV (prime)
participates with two units