The Model Based Planner (MBP) is a system designed to perform plan synthesis, plan validation and plan/domain simulation in non-deterministic domains. It provides:
- A general framework for modeling nondeterministic domains with various degrees of observability, and a language to support it.
- A general plan model, and a language supporting it with powerful primitives.
- Plan validation capabilities, expressing plan validation as a model checking problem.
- A set of efficient algorithms that perform plan synthesis for a variety of classes of planning problems
- A means for simulation of domains, in isolation or driven by plans.
MBP assumes a simple but general model of non-determinism, which encompasses uncertainty on the initial situation, on the action effects, and on the state in which the actions will be executed.